Montag, 25. März 2013


The Durian Experience


Well, I heard a lot about the fruit and I saw Anthony Bourdain on TV talking about this fruit and I always wanted to try it. The fruit is known to stink, but taste very good.  So, as the fruit is domestic here in Indonesia, my friends and I, we decided to try it. We went to a domestic supermarket where you can buy Durian juice, so we ordered one glass (500ml) and tried it. I had my concerns to try it, because the juice really did not smell that tasty. Julia took the first shoot and regarding her face, I started to doubt even more. But, I had to try it, and so I gave it a try, but I closed my nose with the my fingers, so that you don’t have to smell it. During drinking it, it tasted not that bad, some kind of caramel taste it was I think. I thought I can open my nose after taking a sip, but bollocks! During swallowing I got this penetrating smell into my nose and I really thought I have to throw up. Well, it didn’t happen but I think I will never try this drink again. Some people actually really like it, but not for me. It really would be a nice courage test between friends I think.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen